Hypnosis is a state of deep relaxation and heightened awareness in which one becomes highly responsive to suggestion or direction. In a state of hypnosis the subconscious mind is receiving suggestions which can alter behavior in a positive manner.
This altered state of consciousness is akin to daydreaming, and is a naturally occurring state, sometimes achieved by such every day activities as driving long distances, or times of repetitive activities. This state can also be achieved just before or after sleep.
Other things to know about hypnosis:
- Hypnosis is safe and effective.
- When you are in a state of hypnosis, you remain in control and can awaken at any time you desire.
- You cannot be hypnotized if you do not wish to be.
- A hypnotist cannot force you to do anything against your will.
- You will remember your hypnosis session.
- Anyone with average intelligence can be hypnotized.
- You can talk and open your eyes while under hypnosis
- You will reject any negative suggestions made under hypnosis
- Lasting results can be achieved with hypnosis, but will require the active participation of the individual and the willingness to practice exercises given by the hypnotist.
The belief behind the old expression “You can’t teach an old dog new tricks” is that we can’t change; that “who we are” is set in stone. Many new discoveries into the working of our brains and neuroplasticity is changing these old beliefs. We now know that it is possible to teach our brain to think in new ways and to develop new habits. The way to do this is to teach not only the conscious mind, but the subconscious mind as well.
We can desire change. We can repeat positive affirmations or declare that we are going for a particular goal or change a bad habit, but if we hold a subconscious belief that is contrary to what we desire (and that we developed many years ago to keep us safe) then we are fighting a losing battle. That’s where hypnotism comes in.
With hypnotism we can speak to those subconscious beliefs and change them in a lasting and positive way. With hypnosis you can be empowered with a tool that you can learn and use to create the life that you desire.
Let Thea help you create the life you desire through this powerful and unique process for change. Contact us for your free consultation today.